Thursday, February 11, 2010

Engaged to the Man of My Dreams

Mutual friends introduced me to my husband and it was an exciting time as we started going out and getting to know each other.  After two weeks I knew I wanted to marry him, so at six weeks, I left my dress ring on his window sill on purpose after washing the dishes.

He took the hint and as he was thinking the same thing as me, went and had it sized up then chose an engagement ring.  Another six weeks later and he proposed.  It was so romantic.  After proposing, we celebrated with strawberries and champagne, on a picnic table complete with bamboo lanterns, candles and the two of us wearing sarongs.  Using his imagination, my then boyfriend (now husband) had set the scene for a tropical island paradise.
Picture this... Sunset at Brighton Bathing Boxes, in Melbourne, Victoria, on a balmy Spring evening.

Weather was warm, with a gentle cool breeze, sky different shades of orange and red. The water lapping like blue silk at the shore.
My man & I sitting on the steps of one of the Bathing Boxes, watching the beauty of God's painting. And he asked me to marry him. I of course said yes, and he gave me a beautiful princess cut diamond ring. (HUGE)
So I didnt get much sleep that night, for dreaming of our future.  It was all very giggly and romantic,and we set the date for the first weekend in Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment